「非以役人 乃役於人」是所有聖公會小學的校訓，希望所有在 聖公會小學讀書的學生都明白校 訓的意義，並能實踐，終身受用。 學校是培育孩子的地方，幫助孩子建立自己的潛能，長大後可以為社 會作出貢獻。除了學校的教導，父母對孩子的培育都是非常重要的。 所有父母都希望子女健康快樂地成長，在這裡與大家分享一下如 何培育一個快樂和健康的孩子。
Tips to Raise a Happy and Healthy Child
1. Happy parents are likely have happy kids. Nurture your happiness and relationship with your spouse because children are highly influenced by the behavior of others. Children feel secure and loved in a happy family.
2. Play is important for healthy brain development. Unstructured, child-driven play allows children to use their creativity and imagination while fostering the development of their language, cognitive, emotional and physical abilities.
3. Children learn to be persistent and that improvement is possible when parents praise them for their effort and hard work instead of their natural intelligence. Children see themselves in control of their success and achievements because effort is a variable they can control. Too much pressure will decrease their confidence, and they become afraid of taking risks and making mistakes.
4. Physical activities help your child release pressure and tension while enhancing healthy growth and development. Being engaged in sports enhances their self-confidence and social skills. It also gives children the opportunity to learn how to cope with winning and losing. 運動有助兒童減壓；並能建立自信及社交技巧。
5. Laughter is contagious and laughing is the best way to alleviate stress. Shared laughter strengthens relationships and fosters emotional connection. Lighten the atmosphere with the silliness that children naturally possess and join in on the fun. 「笑」能助減壓及有助與人建立關係。
6. Be sincere, specific and descriptive in your praise. Mention the behavior you wish to reinforce to help them remember what it is they are doing appropriately. 父母對子女的讚賞要誠懇和具體。
7. Parents can be positive role models by demonstrating healthy eating habits. Encourage children to try new foods. Exposing children to a wide variety of foods can positively influence their food preferences and eating behaviors. 父母要以身作則，示範良好的飲食習慣以幫助子女健康的成長。
8. Stimulate children’s creativity and artistic abilities by exposing them to a variety of art and music. 讓子女多接觸音樂和藝術以刺激他們的創意和藝術才能。
9. Set aside time to talk and listen to your child every day. Make sure you are on eye level with your child and be open to talk about all kinds of feelings. Let them know they are important because communication is vital to their self-esteem. 每天都與子女傾談及聆聽他們。
10. Children learn how to empathize with others when you acknowledge their feelings and teach them how to handle and cope with difficult emotions. Parents can also be role models by forming strong, respectful relationships with others and interacting with others in a kind and caring way. 父母要以身作則去管理情緒，教他們尊重別人。
11. Allow children to do things for themselves that they are capable of. It boosts their self-confidence and give them a sense of pride when they master a new skill. Let them make small decisions and give them proper guidance to make appropriate choices. 鼓勵子女做一些他們能力可達的事情：建立自信及自尊